'War'-on- Iraq IQ Test.
Do you know enough to justify going to
war with Iraq?
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S.
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves?
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide?
A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S. ?
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the
essentials of life to everyone in the world, according to the
UN? A: 10% (that's about $40 billion, the amount of funding initially
requested to fund the US retaliatory attack on Afghanistan ).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II?
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological weapons
on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government,
along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the
Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America use in Vietnam?
A: 17 million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September
11th terrorist attack?
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in
the Gulf War?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on
the western forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by
U.S.tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and
Kuwait after the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates
in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq 's military capacity did America claim
it had destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons
for anything other than defensive needs?
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now
than 10 years ago?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in
the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on
A: 11 years
27. Q: Were the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December
1998 and September 1999?
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between
December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing
strict sanctions on Iraq 's imports and exports?
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999
(per 1,000 births)?
A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October
1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due
to sanctions since 1997?
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, "Iraq had in fact,
been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history."
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop
weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim
to have discovered and dismantled?
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in?
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992?
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between
1972 and 1990?
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got?
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got?
A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
A: Over 400
50. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become
silent about things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
Charles Sheketoff, Executive Director Oregon
Center for Public Policy PO Box 7, Silverton, OR97381
The United States Government will spend more
on the military in fiscal year 2003, than all the rest of the
countries on Earth combined. Current expenditures are 437 billion
and our past obligations are 339 billion, this equals 776 billion.
46% of our Taxes go to the Military Industrial Complex
This figure doesn't even begin to account for
all of the off-budget, black projects, homeland security nor the
40+ billion the United States Government will spend on intelligence